Do you want to talk to someone? Call us free on: 0800 092 7640

Useful links and forms

Often finding the correct website or application form can be difficult, our advisors can help you find the correct forms for benefits and financial aid.

We’ve listed some of the key forms and websites you may want to look at if you are looking to apply for benefits and allowances:

Benefits Check

It’s quick and easy to get a general idea of what benefits you may be entitled to. Turn2us is a national charity providing practical financial help. They have an online benefits checker which can be completed in about 10 minutes.

Find out more at

Attendance Allowance

Attendance allowances is a benefit for people at or above pension age who are experiencing problems looking after themselves because of an illness or disability.

To claim AA call 0800 731 0122 or visit

Bereavement Support Payments

You may be eligible for Bereavement Support Payments if you are under State Pension Age when you partner passes away.

For more information on claims call 0800 731 0469 or visit

Appeals on Benefits

If you do not agree with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) decision about your claim for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or other benefit, you can appeal. An appointment can be made with our benefits advisors who can help you with your appeal.

For more information visit

Council Tax Reductions

If you are on a low income, local councils have their own council tax reduction schemes which can help towards you council tax.

For more information visit

Carers Allowance

If you look after someone with a lot of care needs for at least 35 hours a week you may be eligible for carers allowance. The person you are caring for must be claiming either Attendance Allowance, the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment at either rate or the care component of Disability Living Allowance.

To claim or find out more visit or call 0800 731 0297

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment and Support Allowance is for people who are under the State Pension Age who cannot work due to illness or disability. You can apply if you are employed, self-employed or unemployed.

Find out more at

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) information about assessments

If receiving ESA the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments will contact you if you are required to have a work capability assessment within the first 13 weeks of getting ESA.

To claim ESA call 0800 328 5644

Help with the cost of rent

If you are on a reduced income due to the impact of cancer, applying for the government housing benefit will help with rent payments. To qualify you must have less than £16,000 in savings (unless you receive pension credit).

Find out more at

Income Tax Refund

If you believe you have paid too much tax and would like to claim back the overpayment you can use form R38. You an also use this form to authorise a representative to receive the payment on your behalf. Fill in and sign the form and then send it on to HMRC.

Find out more at or call 0300 200 3300

Jobseekers Allowance

JA is an allowance for people under the State Pension Age who are unemployed but able to work. It provides you with a weekly income whilst looking for work.

Find out more at

or call 0800 055 6688

Pension Credit

Pension Credit is a benefit for people who have reached a certain age and who have a low income. If you live with your partner, you can only apply if you have both reached State Pension age.

To claim Pension Credit visit or call 0800 99 1234

Pension Tracing Service

This new service is simple to use and provides trace results immediately. Individuals enter their former employers’ details into the online database and are provided with contact details for pension schemes they may have paid into.

To find out more visit or call 0800 731 0193

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

PIP for people aged 16 to state pension age who have problems moving around or looking after themselves. You must have had these problems for at least 3 months.

Information about assessments

You need to complete a form which asks questions on how your health problems affects your daily life. Each question scores a point. The total points you score depends on how much benefit you receive. You may also require a face to face assessment at a PIP centre. You will be given an appointment to attend.

To claim PIP visit or call 0800 917 222

Universal Credit

This benefit is for people under retirement age who are either out of work (eg due to illness or caring) or on a low income.

Find out more by visiting:

Or for information on how to claim visit:

Need to ask something that is not answered above?

Contact us here

Lets keep in touch...

Sign up to our newsletter